Friday, 15 September 2017

Wheels arrived

My wheels arrived today and they look really good. They are definately brand new and never been used. The engagement seems pretty good too and they seem pretty much the same as the bombshell wheel set I sold with the S&M Speedwagon which were excellent wheels.



I have been mulling over what to do with the Yess and I have decided that I want to keep it as I really like it so I am back to selling the Ice frame and building up the Dialled bike again with the front end of the Yess. I bought a second hand Shimano dxr brake set off of Facebook today so I will have a brake system so it will make it much easier to swap the bits over to the dialled when I want to use it.

I am going to leave the cliq cranks on the Yess too and use the second hand Shimano dxr 175mm cranks that I bought off of Facebook at the weekend which are at a friend's house and he is going to bring them over tomorrow.

I will then need a chain ring chain ring bolts and a seat clamp to be able to build up the dialled as my training bike with flat peddles on it for winter training.

Over the next couple of months I will slowly build up the Yess with new forks, stem, bars, grips and seat and then it will be complete again by the start of next year.

I will put the money from the ice frames towards the Curtis frame when it is ready then slowly build up the Curtis next year as I want to build it up right with onyx hubs, disk brake and top of the line but it's.

I have been updating my bike check blog and so far this year I have had 6 bikes 7 if you count the Ice frame that I am not even going to build up. By the end of the year this will be 8 bikes as I will get the Curtis frame as well. I am not planning on getting any more bikes for a good few years after this. I plan to keep a minimum of the Yess and the Curtis and depending on how I like the Dialled I will keep it too. I am guessing that I will stay with the 3 bikes as I really regret selling my Dialled Staystrong 20" and really enjoyed riding it so I can't see the 24" being any less enjoyable to ride.
If the worst comes to the worst the dialled can be used as a pump track/park bike and I can keep the Yess and the Curtis for racing on the track. Once all 3 bikes are built up I will only spend money on bikes when something needs changing. Like I said earlier I want to spend the rest of this year and next year focusing on saving money not spending it.

I will build up the dialled tomorrow without a brake until the one I bought today arrives then it will be my daily winter bike for the next 5-6 months. I am really looking forwards to riding it after staring at it every day for the past 2 months!

I have been looking at how to store my Yess for the winter and I think that I am going to try and get a bike box and some bubble wrap to store it is and then put it in the roof of my parents garage out of the way. As I said earlier I am going to leave the cranks, back wheel and brake on the bike so if I want to race it it is all dialled and ready to just put the seat and front end back on it and off we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment