Sunday, 17 September 2017

Picked up cranks

Picked up my cranks today and have just fitted them to the bike.

The bike is looking good. Once the chain ring, chain and brake are on I think it will look good. Can't wait to ride it although I think that it will be a while yet as I have re-broken some ribs at the supermarket this morning so I don't think that I will be riding any time soon.

I was sorting out my parts box this afternoon and found that I had a chain ring and chain ring bolts so I have mocked the bike up so I can see how it will look once built up.

I really like the look and can't wait for the brake and peddle washers arrive this week so I can get it built up.

I am going to go into the bike shop near my work tomorrow to book the bike in to be built up at the end of the week if possible. If not I will drop it off in Crucial in a weeks time when I am on lates again and can get there.

The chain ring that I have is a 39 tooth and usually I ride a 37 so I am going to ride a harder gearing for now to build up leg strength when riding as I don't have to be fast at the moment. As the winter progresses I will drop the gearing to a 36 on the front to work on spinning ready for the season.

I am going to still race on the 37x16 unless I find that I am slower when I time my laps.

I have made a deal with my son that we will one our sprints over the winter to see how we progress over the winter.

I forgot to say that I have dropped 1.5kgs from my last weigh in to 97.5kgs so I am moving in the right direction but I am a bit worried that I am loosing muscle not fat which is a worry.

I am also getting back to being addicted to Dr Pepper after a week of drinking it so I am stopping again tomorrow. I drank a whole 2l bottle this afternoon which is not good at all.

I am going to have to nip this in the bud before I get addicted again and undo all of the work I have put in in the last 8 months.

I am going to get the ice frame and take some pictures tomorrow after work and then get it on the internet to sell as I want to get some cash together to pay for my Curtis.

I am also going to get the old wheels from my son's bike on eBay as well to get some more cash saved up.

I am going to see if I can pop over to visit Gary at Curtis this week as well to see how my frame is coming on as he called on Friday to say that he had picked up the dropouts for my bike from the laser cutters. I can't wait to see them 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment