Friday, 18 August 2017

Half laps at Bristol

Got up around 9 this morning and took the Sunday to the post depot to send to its new owner.

I then went to Bristol Patchway track to do some laps as it is just around the corner from the depot. To my surprise there was atually a parking space by the track. More surprising than that was that it was right by the gateway near the start hill. Result.

I then got kitted up and found I had left my gloves at home 😀

Did 4 pump laps followed by a full speed lap. My legs were feeling bad still so I decided to do first second and third straights only to save my legs for the weekend.

I did 7 first, second and third straights with 5 minutes rest in between to recover fully. I had to stop after 7 as it started raining hard and I didn't want to cut up the track too much.

My week of pumping has definitely paid off as I have never been so fast and smooth around the track. I am now able to manual the double out of the second straight which I have never been able to before and also I am able to nose manual the tabletop on the third straight which is much faster than jumping it.

I am pretty happy with my progress over the last couple of weeks especially as I crashed last weekend and I am not 100% yet.

I am really happy to be back on the Yess as well and I have decided that I am going to get a training bottom bracket, headset and wheels and tyres and sell all of the other bikes as they are too different to the Yess. I am going to build the dialled bike as a pump track bike for the winter as I want to do more pump track riding to get smoother and faster and it should be perfect as it is a chrome frame so is more durable. I am going to build it like a race bike not a park bike as I want it to feel similar to my Yess.

I am going to start getting new bits for the Yess next month and start moving the old bits to the dialled. I have to keep the Yess as it is until the middle of September as I have the SW champs on the 15th of September in Biddiford. Once these are over I will start moving parts onto the dialled.

I have decided that I am going to leave the Thrill for sale but use the wheels and forks on the dialled for now changing the tyres for the power blocks that are currently on the Yess. I am then going to move the seat, bars, stem and brakes from the Yess onto the dialled and then build up the Yess again with the same parts but new.

I will then paint the thrill frame and then sell all the bits separately.

I also want to get a new set of StayStrong hubs to build up with the current rims and spokes from the Yess and then get the Onyx hubs built up with new box rims and titanium spokes for next season. I am thinking that I may get the thrill frame painted up and restickered and either keep it or sell it as well.

I have to remember that I also have the Curtis frame coming at the end of the year but I am not going to build it up this year I just need to save some cash to pay for it.

In fact I may forget about the dialled frame altogether for now and put it on eBay as well and just put a new box rims on the StayStrong hubs and keep the Yess as it is now to keep the costs down.



No comments:

Post a Comment